started having meetings in Banbury in 1880, but the Banbury Corps was not formally created until 1885. Meetings were held at various locations in the town until 1889, when the current Hall in George Street was purchased, and opened for meetings in February 1890.
The Hall was renovated in 1939 and the interior was completely reconstructed in 1978/9. The Salvation Army's founder,
, visited Banbury on two occasions during his lifetime, whilst his grand-daughter,
Commissioner Catherine Bramwell-Booth
, re-opened the reconstructed Hall in 1979.
In May 2008, Banbury was the first Salvation Army Corps in the United Kingdom to become a
Salvation Army Prayer Beacon Corps
, seeking to establish and maintain a rhythm of prayer, which underpins everything the Salvation Army does, and the official launch took place on 27th September 2008. A Prayer Beacon exists to be a house of prayer in and for the local community, embracing the principles and values of
24/7 Prayer Boiler Rooms
while still very much maintaining our position as a Salvation Army Corps (church). For more information on
Prayer Boiler Rooms
you may like to visit www.boiler-rooms.com.
Web Design © Copyright WebLink4u Limited, 2001. Worldwide rights reserved.